Monday, August 5, 2013

How to begin?





Where. To. Begin? I’m sorry guys. I know I start off every blog like this but I mean, how could you not? Each day is jam-packed with amazing activities that stimulate your brain, feed your “funmeter” and leave you wanting more. Okay, lets get focused on the topic at hand: Youth Trek in Atlanta. I love the city of Atlanta! Amazing, beautiful, quirky and incredibly sweet is how I would describe Atlanta and we have only been here for a day! Cool right? I just think it is amazing how one could learn so much about one place in the course of 24 hours! Lets start off with the biggest aquarium in the world; The Georgia Aquarium. I was so excited to go there first because I just thought it was a cool way to start. Almost all the girls were familiar with this aquarium because a scene of Tyler Perry’s Daddy’s Little Girls was filmed there. Going in is where I first experienced that quirky Atlanta humor. There were 5 bag check lines and I was in a really long line so I decided to switch to a shorter line. The guy who was checking bags yelled for me to, “Get back over here to my line! What is wrong with you all switching lines and whatnot?” I was a little scared and wondering why this man was so mean. Turns out, he was just joking and that was his personality. Crazy right? I know. Then, we proceeded to go to the dolphin show which was absolutely amazing and much better than the National Aquarium's show if I may add. We also checked out many cool exhibits and I learned a lot. Next, we went to CNN (my future home). We did a tour of the incredible, incredible building which was as big as Pentagon City! I really felt I was a new employee there and they were showing me around for the first time. I loved every second of the tour. We learned so much from their history to the different branches to the upcoming technology competition does not know about yet. It was incredibly cool and I hope to find myself there one day not just to be there but to work there. Next we caught the subway here in Atlanta called the Marta. We rode for about 6 stops until we got to the famous neighborhood “College Park” to meet Ms. Denelle. She was sweet enough to pick us up along with her sister Ms. Daphnie and they gave us a warm welcome. Ms. Denelle’s mom was so excited to welcome the Youth Trek crew to Atlanta that she had family over her house to welcome us. We came in the house and the first thing to hit our noses was the sweet smell of barbecue. She had enough food for two family reunions! To know that she cooked all that food for us was an amazing feeling. I felt like I was being reunited with a long lost family member. Ms.Debra was so sweet and full of energy and she treated us as if we were her grandkids. She was not afraid to tell us like it is and give us the advice she wanted us  o have. I took everything she said to heart and I will never forget her. We had such a good time. We did everything from playing taboo to learning about different card games. The bottom line is I felt so at home and I loved every minute of being there. I want to thank Ms. Denelle and her family so much. I really appreciated it. I cannot wait for today...stay tuned!! - Tierra


1 comment:

  1. yes we had a wonderful time at the cook out and thank u for being a leader on the trip

    ReplyDelete