Monday, August 5, 2013

Pretty Cool


Good morning! Yesterday was a wonderful welcoming day. The plane ride seemed short because I was sleep and listening to music for the two hours. I didn't really like when my ears popped it hurt really but I chewed some gum and it felt better. After we got off the plane it took a while to get to baggage claim but we got there. As soon as we left the hotel we were on the run! First, we went to the Georgia Aquarium to see the dolphin show. It was pretty cool. We sat it the front which was the splash zone and we didn't get splashed not once. Bummer! Then we went through different parts of the aquarium. I learned that sharks do not sleep like humans. They have to swim a round to stay breathing. I really enjoyed when we dissected the frog. After we left the aquarium we went to lunch. We ate at the HardRock Cafe. It had so much. The waiters and waitresses danced and sang. It was like they were having fun at work. I wouldn't mind working there.

Next, we went to CNN headquarters. We took a tour of the building. The headquarters had the worlds biggest free standing floor escalator. Free standing means it is connected to only two floors. It was a great tour. I learned that they take different footage and put it together to create a story. The things you see on CNN now was taken a few hours before it was broadcasted but some of it is actual live footage.

Later that afternoon, we went to a great cookout. It felt like it was home away from home. We met with Ms. Debra. She has been working with Delta airlines for 13 years. We ate some really good food. She gave some good advice. She told me if I fall get back up dust your self off and try again. Also, she said I shouldn't be worrying about anything else but my grades. With good grades you receive scholarships. I really enjoyed when we played Taboo. Even though my team lost we still had a good time. -The Next Pharmacist (Kaylah)

1 comment:

  1. Hi KB,

    Wow! You experienced a lot in one day. I am so glad you are having a great time! Keep learning and experiencing as much as you can! Remember Knowledge is Power! I love you! ~~Love Mommy

    ReplyDelete